Indian Street Food Eggs #Foodie Extravaganza


It's #Foodie Extravaganza time and the theme is EGGS! Eggs are such a wonderful source of protein, they are economical and they cook really fast. Every culture in the world has dishes based around eggs. Some of the ones showcased here have been Scotch Eggs from the UK, Shakshuka from north Africa and the middle east, French quiche, Polish kielbasa and eggs, as well as Peruvian papa a la huancaina, just to name a few.

Today I'm so thrilled to be adding to my collection and finally getting to this recipe, it's one I initially thought I couldn't do in a regular home kitchen because of the enormous pan she uses. I saw a youtube video of the Queen of Fried Eggs showcasing Indian street food and as simple as it seems, I was fascinated. So when I learned the theme that is the first thing that came to mind and as I was rewatching the video I realized," that looks like a giant aebleskiver pan". That is something I hadn't even known existed years ago and something I am happy to report is no longer a single function kitchen pan!



1 Aebleskiver pan
oil to grease
7 eggs (or enough to fill however many wells are in your pan)
Salt
Pepper
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp. garam masala

Brush the wells of the pan with oil and place over medium high heat on the stove. Don't fill them with oil, you just want a light coating. When the pan is hot, crack one egg in to each well and allow to cook until about halfway set like in the bottom picture.

Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, garam masala, salt, and pepper and cover with a lid to steam.

Use a bamboo skewer or chopstick to pierce through the bottom and flip the egg. If the egg wont hold together and it rips through when you try and flip it isn't ready. They should come right out. When they are flip-able pull one side up and over to turn the eggs and cook another 1 - 2 minutes until desired doneness.

Separate the eggs and flip out in to a bowl or on to a plate. Serve immediately. 


This week we are celebrating Eggs with #Foodie Extravaganza.

Sneha Datar - Scrambled Egg Sandwich
Sue LauHam and Egg Salad 
Karen H KerrBacon and Gruyère Egg Bites (Copycat)
Colleen Delawder - Deviled Eggs with Bacon & Bourbon Glaze
Kelley MeyerSpinach and Tomato-Egg White Frittata

Comments

  1. I'm going to have to dig out my pan now...a great excuse to make these eggs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts