Barbecue



Barbecue is the quintessential American food. It's made in so many different ways with different meats and flavors added in, and all of them are All-American. Even the French are catching on to this culinary delight. Anything from smoking for hours to grilling and grilling quickly and smothering in sauce just about anything goes. Homemade sauce is even catching on as people want to customize for the perfect umami. 

My personal favorite is pulled pork with a sweet sauce. There is a place here in Tinyville that makes some of the best BBQ I've ever had. It's a little tiny shack in the middle of know where, even by Tinyville standards. So easy to never seen, and if you did, drive right on past. But that would be a mistake. Sho Nuff Smokin GOOD BBQ, you have my love. 

But everyone should have a recipe they make at home too. My moms 4th of July ribs are the best homemade recipe. But this recipe for crock pot pulled chicken is also delicious. I intend to try it with pork eventually, but the chicken is good and cooks quickly. 

Chicken breasts
Enough root beer to cover the chicken
2 shakes of giner
3 shakes of garlic powder
2 cap fulls of vinegar
1 shake of Worchestershire sauce

Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or low for 7. Drain, shred, cover in your favorite sauce, and warm through. 

I changed it up a little one time to use up some leftover Blenheims red lid ginger ale. I like spicy food, I even enjoy more than the average person, but I don't like it in my soda. So here is the alternate version to accommodate that. 

1 bottle Blenheims red lid ginger ale
brown sugar
3 shakes of garlic
black peppers
apple cider vinegar

The rest is the same, cook and shred.

Enjoy ya'll!

Comments

Popular Posts