Boricha 보리차


I first tried barley tea on a family vacation in Anaheim and I LOVED IT!!! I still do in fact. I especially love how you are drinking toasty water. But it's delicious! When I went to look for a recipe I found that it is popular in Korea, Japan, and China. In Korea it is called Boricha, in Japan it is Mugicha.

I once thought I might play around with it and added a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt to see what it did. The first sip was interesting and then after that it just tasted weird. Not delicious. So leave it alone and enjoy this refreshing cool drink.

1/4 c. barley
4 c. water

In a large dry pan add the barley over medium high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally. Once it starts to brown stir constantly until it's a deep brown color, but don't let it turn black or it will be bitter and not delicious. Add the water to your pan and bring to a boil 

Boil for 7-8 minutes and then chill until really cold. Strain and serve. Keeps for 2 days in the fridge.

The recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled, however much you want to make.



Comments

Popular Posts