Palestinian Preserved Labneh
This delicious Middle Eastern dish is made with homemade cheese, crushed nuts, fresh herbs and plenty of olive oil. Straining reduces the liquid, which in turn helps the yogurt stay good for a longer period of time.
36 oz. plain whole fat yogurt (cow, goat, or sheep)
1 tsp salt
Chopped fresh herbs (optional)
1/2 c. mixed chopped nuts
Lots of Olive oil
String or zip tie
Combine the salt, yogurt, and fresh chopped herbs if using. Place the cloth in a bowl and lift all the sides of the cloth up around the yogurt. Tie shut with string or hold shut and use the zip tie to close and create a loop with the cloth. Suspend in the fridge over a bowl.
Leave the cheese for 12 hours. Roll the thickened yogurt cheese in to balls an inch across, roll in the chopped nuts and place in a large jar.
Once all the cheese is rolled cover with olive oil. Cheese keeps for a week.
Delicious Dairy Recipes
- Aspargus Gruyere Tart by Art of Natural Living
- Beer and Brats Mac and Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Beer Battered Deep Fried Cheese Curds by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Best Oreo Milkshakes by Family Around the Table
- Cheese and Spinach Ravioli Casserole by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Baked Macaroni and Cheese by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Marigold Petal and Matcha Panna Cotta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Palestinian Preserved Labneh by Pandemonium Noshery
- Sour Cream and Spicy Cheddar Ranch Dip by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!