Chè Chuối



This was a delicious Vietnamese dessert to help end this week of Vietnamese recipes. Slightly sweet with the aromatic pandan leaf. Cooking it created such a delicious smell in my kitchen.

One word of warning, the pandan leaves if not cooked long enough can create a burning sensation in our mouth when you eat it. The first time I made this I only simmered for 5 minutes in the hopes it would be a light flavor since I wasn't sure if I would like it. This however was a mistake, one I can still feel in my mouth even after starting over. The taste however made it worthwhile.

1/4 c. small tapioca pearls
4 small bananas
2 - 3 Tbsp. sugar
1 pandan leaf, tied in a knot
pinch salt
1/2 can coconut cream (NOT milk)
2 1/4 c. water

Sesame seeds, flaked coconut, or chopped nuts to garnish

Soak the tapioca pearls for 20 minutes in warm water. Drain before using.

Meanwhile bring the water and pandan leaf to a boil. Boil for 25 minutes. Remove the pandan leaves from the pot. Add the soaked tapioca pearls and remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.

Pour in to 6 individual serving cups and allow to cool slightly. Garnish with sesame seeds, coconut, or chopped nuts and enjoy.





Comments

Popular Posts