Nar Corbasi - Pomegranate Soup


      I have always had a love/hate relationship with cookbooks. I think "hate" might be too strong, mostly it was indifference. For the longest time it seemed like the cookbooks I was seeing weren't really my style of cooking and I gave up on the idea. I loved picking them up when I would travel, those books represented by unquenchable wanderlust; most though were full of boring, uninspired, bland foods. But as it turns out I gave up too soon or just didn't know where to look. 

     I recently joined a cookbook group on Facebook and there are so many amazing options that are right up my alley. So I decided to treat myself to a Turkish cookbook recently and I fell in love. I have already made 8 of the recipes and they were all stunning. So stay tuned this month for more, and see what delicious things there are. 

     This simple soup is just one example of a dish that this way more than the sum of its parts. The tangy, fruity, pomegranate with the savory broth were a delightful bowl of deliciousness that was great as a mid-morning snack. 

Pomegranate Soup
2 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. pomegranate molasses
1/4 c. pomegranate juice
Lemon juice as needed

Bring the chicken broth and pomegranate molasses to a simmer. Add the juice and heat through. Taste and add lemon juice as desired. 

Serve with fresh mint. 

Comments

Popular Posts