Djibouti Banana Fritters


I printed out a list of all the places I haven't made anything from. I had hundreds of recipes here but a lot of repeats. Delicious repeats. I regret nothing. However, it does give me ideas of where to look. And look I did, to Djibouti, of where I know nothing at all. And I found these banana fritters.

Most of the recipes I say grilled their bananas in the peel to make sure they were very soft, mine happened to be at that stage on their own. I may, or may not, have been planning on making bananas bread for almost a week and not gotten to it. The addition of the greenish banana is my own addition, I liked the chunkeyness it added. I also wanted to use it up before it went the way of it's predecessors.

3 very rice bananas
1 just barely not green banana
splash vanilla
1 c. flour
pinch allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
pinch salt
2 Tbsp. oil

Combine the very ripe bananas, flour, vanilla , spices, and salt. Mash and stir to combine. Once it's completely combined add the other banana and using the potato masher incorporate it, making sure not to over mash, you want chunks. 

Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add 1/4 c. of batter to the pan and spread to flatter. Once it's browned on the bottom carefully work a metal spatula under to flip it. Cook on the next side until golden. 

Comments

Popular Posts