Madeleines



The co-op class I am teaching on Foreign countries is currently learning about France. Naturally  macarons and madeleines we only natural, but only because I wasn't sure about carrying around brie cheese for two hours beforehand in my purse. 

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
3/4 c. butter, melted (1 1/2 sticks)
Pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350

Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse once to combine. While the food processor is still running add the eggs and then the vanilla. Slowly pour in the butter, with the food processor still running. 

Most directions say to chill the batter, I have done both. Chill if you can, if you are in a hurry don't worry about it. I usually just bake them right away. 

I like to use a pastry bag to pipe the batter in to the shells but also not necessary. Just easy and less mess. How many this recipe makes depends on how big the shells in your pan are. I have both small and large. Fill the shell about halfway and place in the preheated oven. 

Bake time also depends on the size of your pan, between 10 and 15 minutes usually. Watch for the tops to look set and the edges to brown. Remove from the oven and remove to a cooking rack as soon as they are cool enough to handle. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.




Original Picture - Post updated 1/31/2018

Comments

Popular Posts