Slovakian Tvaroh Slice
Hello! And welcome to the final episode of my Slovakian series and this month's Improv Cooking Challenge. This week I have had the pleasure of preparing several Slovakian recipes. It started with Eat the World on Sunday where the country of the month was Slovakia. I decided to make it a series and end the week by combing this month's theme of Pastry and Fruit with that theme and make Tvorah Slice.
Tvorah is a soft cheese. The end result is similar to cottage cheese tough the process of making it is different. Blend it up until smooth and let it sit over the pastry base. That topped with the fruit and elderflower gelatin makes a decadent and refreshing dessert.
Improv Cooking Challenge
Pastry & Fruit
- Watermelon & Olive Oil - Andalusian Watermelon Gazpacho
- Pear & Dairy - Sour Cream Pear Pie
- Carrots & Cinnamon - Pollo en Chica
- Caramel & Cashews - Vietnamese Caramel Chicken
- Corn & Cheese - Colombian Mazorca Desgranada
- Meat & Nuts - Kyinkyinga
- Sumac & Yogurt - Iranian Sumac Beef Stew
- Potatoes and Coriander - Egyptian Sanet el Batates