Krémová Cesnaková Polievka - Slovakian Creamy Garlic Soup
Because the soup is pureed making it completely smooth. The croutons or toast cubes along with the parsley add texture and freshness and are a delightful addition to the soup.
Great Garlic Recipes
- Garlic and Sea Salt Pita Chips from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Garlic Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Garlic Parmesan Sourdough Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Mini Garlic Monkey Bread from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Open Face Sandwiches with Garlic Aoili from Art of Natural Living
- Orange Maple Garlic Chicken from Jen Around the World
- Slovakian Creamy Garlic Soup from Pandemonium Noshery
- Spicy Garlic Ginger Sauce from That Recipe
- Spicy Cheesy No Knead Roasted Garlic Sourdough Bread from Magical Ingredients
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Creamy Garlic Soup Recipe
15 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. flour
3 red potatoes, peeled and chopped
6 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. heavy cream
Pinch white pepper
Croutons, parsley, black pepper
Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, just until fragrant. Do not increase the heat or the garlic can scorch and taste bitter. Add the flour and cook for a minute or two.
Add the chicken stock, potatoes, nutmeg, and white pepper. Simmer until the potatoes are tender. Once the potatoes are tender add to a blender with the cream and blend until smooth.
Return to the pan and heat through. taste for salt and adjust as needed.
Serve topped with croutons, black pepper, and parsley.
Sounds delicious. No such thing as too much garlic in my book.ReplyDelete