Dwaejigogi-bokkeum - Spicy Stir-Fried Pork



I was given the Maacgchi cookbook for my birthday and it was one of my favorite gifts. She has this endearing way of writing and presenting her videos, it's obvious she loves her culture and food in general.

This recipe was so simple, it's not just something to be saved for when I want to try a new food, but it's easy enough for a weeknight dinner too. This is the link to the recipe for Spicy Pork on her website, but I really recommend also buying the book. 

I originally swapped the pork bellies with sliced country style ribs but then later for a really simple dinner I started making it with ground turkey. The use of turkey or any ground meat is not truly Korean, but it is delicious. Make sure and enjoy with lots of rice and lots banchan!

1 lb. thinly sliced country style pork ribs or ground turkey
1/4 c. gochujang
1 Tbsp. gochugaru flakes
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar or honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 inch nub fresh ginger, chopped OR 1/2 tsp ginger powder and 1/4 tsp lemon juice mixed in a bowl
3 scallions, sliced
lots of black pepper
2 tsp. sesame oil

Combine everything except the meat in a bowl and mix well. 

In a skillet combine the meat and the marinate mix. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is cooked. Serve over rice

Comments

Popular Posts