Cameroon Art


 This exhibit was a fun chance to see a different style of art. I love art in all it's varieties (except modern, but it doesn't count since it's not really art) but  most of what I am familiar with is Dutch, Flemish, Italian, Spanish, American, and "western" art. This was something fairly new. We did get to see a really cool African art Exhibit last year but sadly I don't have any pictures. 

I consider food an art, so this is something I think fits right in here. And food really is art. Not all art is food though, so I don't recommend tasting the sculptures. One of the recurring mediums we saw throughout the work was the use of gourds as decorations, ladles, and musical instruments. I looked into the cuisine of Cameroon and this is what I found

"Staple foods in Cameroon include cassava, yam, rice, plantain, potato, maize, beans, and millet."












Comments

Popular Posts