Crema de Aguacate - Colombian Avocado Soup
Welcome to my contribution to Soup Saturday Swappers where the theme is Fresh Vegetables. This delicious Colombian soup from My Colombian Cooking features green onions and jalapeno for the fresh vegetables. The lime, cilantro, and avocado are fresh too, they aren't vegetables, but they really add some zip to the dish. The combo makes for a delightful bowl of soup.Want to see what other tasty bowls of soup everyone else made? Check them out below before continuing to the recipe.
- Crema de Aguacate - Columbian Avocado Soup by Pandemonium Noshery
- Cream of Mushroom Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Fresh Corn Soup with Seared Scallops by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Fresh Green Peas Soup With Veg Cheese Parcel by Sneha's Recipe
- Minestrone from Campania by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pesang Manok by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Poached Shrimp & Spring Onion One-Pot Soup by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Tuscan Style Turkey Soup by Making Miracles
1 clove garlic, minced
6 green onions, sliced
5 c. chicken stock
1 large jalapeno
2 ripe avocados, chopped
1 c. heavy cream
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Place the jalapeno directly on the burner until charred on all sides. Place in a zipper seal bag and leave for 5 minutes to steam. Remove from the bag, scrape the charred skin from the outsides and chop roughly.
Zest and juice the limes, set the apart without combining the different parts.
Bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the white and green parts of the onions, the garlic clove, roasted jalapeno, cumin, and the juice from the limes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Add in the lime zest, cream and chopped cilantro. Gently heat until heated through.
Serve garnished with sour cream, chopped avocado, and chopped cilantro.