Oi-Naengukk



This cold cucumber soup reminds me fridge pickles my grandparents made growing up that we all loved. The cold crisp cucumber with the tangy vinegar balances with the sugar is an umami treat. When I saw Maangchi's recipe I knew I wanted to try it.

I used apple cider vinegar in mine giving the broth the brownish color it has but I prefer the color and flavor in this with regular white vinegar.

6 tiny cucumbers
2 small tomatoes
1 c. cold water
1 c. ice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green onion, sliced
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
Sesame seeds

Combine the garlic, onion, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, and ice. Chill until ready to serve. 

Julienne the cucumber and split between four bowls. Divide the vinegar broth between them and top with chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with sesame seeds. 

Enjoy immediately. 

Comments

Popular Posts