Mors



While out to lunch one day with HusbandMan at a Russian café I noticed "Mors" on the menu and immediately started googling for clarity. I hadn't even planned on ordering it at the time but I'm glad we did. It was a pleasantly sweet berry drink without being overly so and had a great fruity flavor. I did notice in the pitcher in addition to the cranberries and raspberries there was another tiny round fruit that was almost yellowish in color. I also learned how simple it is to make. 

10 c. water
1 - 2 lb. Fresh or frozen berries (mostly cranberries with a few raspberries)
2 - 3 c. sugar (more or less to taste)

Simmer the berries, sugar, and water together until the berries are very soft and broken down, about 45 minutes. Note that this is summering and not a rolling boil. 

Strain and chill. 

Serve over ice. 


Original Picture - Post updated 5/22/2018

Comments

Popular Posts