Trollkrem - Norwegian Lingonberry Dessert
Another thing I absolutely loved about this dessert is that it isn't terribly sweet at all. You can add some sugar to the egg whites as they are beating but it will change the texture some. Egg whites with sugar are a little denser, they have a texture that is slightly more like marshmallows.
This recipe absolutely works with whole eggs that have been separated. However since this was being served to a crowd, and because it was easier, I used a carton of pasteurized egg whites. Either is fine, just make sure when using whole eggs they are fresh and that the final product doesn't sit out after beating or before serving.
Check out what everyone else in the group enjoys for New Years'!
- Crispy Pimento Cheese Cups from Palatable Pastime
- Ham and Brie Crostini with Jam from Making Miracles
- Neapolitan Cake from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Pepperoni Pizza Meatballs from Food Lust People Love
- Wine Fruit Cake Sneha’s Recipe