Limonana


My first night in Israeli we got in late. I was exhausted but wide awake with excitement. While unloading I was excited to check out the mackolet. I didn't recognize many of the drinks there, though I eventually tried and loved them all. Lemonade looked and sounded really good, but when I tried it, it tasted like mint, which was really odd to me at the time. Within weeks I couldn't imagine drinking lemonade any other way. And then I discovered limonana.

Limonana is minted lemonade, but made with ice so it's a slush. It's amazing and refreshing.

12 lemons
3/4 c. fresh mint
1 1/2 c. water
2 c. sugar
ice to fill the blender

In a vitamix combine 10 of the lemons, the sugar, and the water. Pulverize on high until the lemon is in small bits. Strain the lemon bits through a fine sieve, let it sit for about 10 minutes to make sue and get all the liquid out. 

Return to the vitamix along with the remaining two lemons, cut in to quarters, and the mint. Pulverize until the mint and the lemon are ground up. 

Fill the blender with ice and run on high until the ice is evenly crushed and the drink resembles a slushy.

Serve immediately 

Comments

Popular Posts