Spooky Halloween Charcuterie

 

    Happy Halloween!! I love the fall holidays, Halloween is really the start of the fall Holiday rush for me and those are my favorite things ever. The party spirit, the festivity, and the general air of comradery. I think they key to making a really great cheeseboard is a balance of flavors and textures, and when trying to theme it, you want to add colors in there as well. One thing I noticed when researching Halloween cheeseboards was that most were really heavy on the candy, which is fitting for this holiday, but not what I wanted. I really wanted this to scream Halloween, but still very much be a cheeseboard. 

    Usually three to four cheese are used. I like the combination of a hard cheese, a soft cheese, and a medium cheese. Then I like a jam, something crunchy like nuts, and then just some other things to enjoy with it all. And of course crackers. However as you can see I went with three cheese that were about the same. I did coordinate this board based on colors for the theme instead of just based on flavor. I regret nothing, it was a delicious combination and a fun festive treat. I went primarily with the colors black, orange, and white. Green, purple, and brown also fit right along with the colors of the holiday and would be great here. Pick your colors and happy arranging! 

    My particular board was a nice British cheddar that was the right orange for a pumpkin that I carved myself. The coffin was a block of havarti I trimmed a little to shape. I also used port salut and a round of garlic and herb Boursins. 

Cheese
Havarti
White Cheddar
Port Salut
Apricot Wensleydale

Gouda
Aged Gouda
Red Leicester
Cheddar Cheese Curds
Mimolette

Orange
Mini Bell Peppers
Carrots
Pickled Carrots
Persimmons
Clementines
Orange Slices
Dried Apricots

Red
Pomegranate 
Speck or Prosciutto 
Figs
Raspberries
Rumbutan 

Jam
Apricot
Peach
Raspberry

Black/ Brown
Spiced Nuts
Chocolate Covered Almonds
Pumpkin Cream Filled Cookies
Figs
Chocolate Pocky
Chocolate Graham Crackers
Brownie Brittle
Blackberries
Black Olives
Black Grapes

Green
Pepitas
Pistachios
Green Olives
Pickles

White/ Tan
Mushrooms
Milano Cookies
Ghost Marshmallows
Meringues
White Chocolate Pretzels
White Chocolate Pocky
Caramel Corn
Candy Corn
Pumpkin Spice Pirolines









Comments

Popular Posts