Croatian Blitva


    I don't have a lot of Croatian food on here, and while I do have a few with that tag this is the first one that is Croatian first and foremost. And while it's only really made there, it's made in my house all the time now. The recipes comes via All That's Jas and is a delightful mix of potatoes, greens, and most importantly, garlic. Jas uses swiss chard as her greens but I I can't find them, anywhere. So I sued collards, maybe it's a southern Croatian version? 

Blitva Potato Recipe
4-6 small potatoes, diced
1 bunch collards or swiss chard, sliced
1/3 c. olive oil
1 Tbsp. garlic paste
Salt to taste

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender. 

While the potatoes are cooking heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic, cook over medium low heat to infuse the oil with the garlic. Once the potatoes are cooked turn the heat on the oil to medium high. 

Use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes and collards from the boiling water and add to the garlic pan. Cook to brown the edges of the potatoes. Season with salt to taste and serve immediately. 

Comments

Popular Posts