Cameroon Chicken Stew
Welcome to this months Improv Cooking Challenge! The group started up in January but I wasn't able to make that party so here I am sharing some of my favorites from last year, a month late. My top three are as follows. In May we combined Meat and Nuts and I made Kyinkyinga from Ghana, then were was Andalusian Gazpacho for Watermelon and Olive oil in July and finally one of my all time favorite recipes Pollo en Chicha from October with Carrots and Cinnamon.
This month the theme is Tomatoes and Pasta. When I saw the theme for this month I knew I had to make something not-Italian. And I wasn't sure I had anything until I ran across this recipe, this delicious, delicious, recipe, for a chicken stew from Cameroon. AND it's my first recipe from Cameroon, I thought I had one, I already had the label created. But it turns out it was a post of an art display I went to years ago and didn't include a recipe. So this is my first recipe from Cameroon and that always makes me happy. Also it's was incredibly tasty, and that also makes me happy.
I looked around at quite a few recipes. Ok, it was four, but they were all fairly similar and all way more than fairly delicious looking. I finally settled on the recipe from Precious Core and was not disappointed. The flavors of the ginger and garlic along with the basil and parsley really stood out and made for a delicious stew. It was a little time consuming but not difficult in any way.
February Improv Cooking Challenge
Tomatoes & Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Fettuccine from Making Miracles
- Southwest Pasta Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Baked Feta Tomato Fettuccine from Cookaholic Wife
- Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Pepper Sauce from Magical Ingredients
- TikTok Feta Cheese and Tomato Pasta from Our Good Life
- Mediterranean Chicken and Pasta from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Indian Style Pink Sauce Pasta by Sneha's Recipes
6 sprigs parsley