Strawberry Cucumber Salad
1/2 English cucumber. sliced
1 lb. strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
2 Tbsp. feta cheese
.5 oz. fresh mint, sliced
zest of 1 orange
2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
1 romaine heart, sliced
light sprinkle fleur de sel
1/4 c. olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. Apple Cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. apple juice concentrate
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. clear gel instant thickening
Whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, apple juice concentrate, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Toss the dressing in a bowl with the romaine hearts. Allow to sit for 5 minutes for the excess dressing to drip back to the bottom. Use tongs to lift the romaine out and on to a platter. There should be about half of the dressing remaining in the bottom of the bowl.
Whisk the clear gel in to the remaining dressing. Toss the dressing with the cucumbers, strawberries, red onion, and mint.
Arrange the cucumbers on top of the romaine. Top with the orange zest, feta cheese, almonds, and fleur de sel.
Lemon and Lettuce
Improv Cooking Challenge
- Greek Meatball Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad by Pandemonium Noshery
- Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad by Making Miracles
- Falafel Layered Salad & A Bhatura Sandwich - A Combo by Sneha's Recipe
- Mixed Greens with Roasted Golden Beets and Lemon Vinaigrette by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Wilted Spinach Salad with Bacon and Avocado by Palatable Pastime
- Bitter Greens Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Green Salad with Pine Nuts and Lemon and Lemongrass Vinaigrette by Our Good Life