Yubuchobap 유부초밥


This treat came about quite by accident. I was trying to buy bean curd skin for a Malaysian recipe for Chinese New Year an I bought a yubuchbao kit instead. They both have bean curd skins and the helpful shopkeeper wasn't familiar with the dish I was trying to make. I never did get the ones I was looking for and we rolled them in eggroll wrapper instead but I didn't want to waste the ones I did buy.

As it happens, Maangchi posted in the not to distant past about making a stuffed bean curd snack and so I decided I would try that. The kit dos most of the work but I did look aroud and saw quite a few people who added vegetables to their rice so I decided I wanted to go that route too.

1 c. uncooked white rice
salt
2 small green onions, chopped fine
1 small carrot, minced
1/2 small pickling cucumber, minced
1 yubuchobap kit (28 pockets)

Rinse the rice until the water coming off of it isn't cloudy. Add 2 cups of water and salt lightly. Simmer the rice until tender. The last 5 minutes of cooking add the green onions and carrots. Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the cucumber. 

The seasoning kit will come with three parts. The tofu pockets, two packets of sesame seeds and other dry ingredients, and two packets of a liquid. Add the liquid packets to the rice and stir gently to combine. 

Pour the sesame seeds in a shallow dish and set aside. Open the package of tofu skins and press slightly to get out excess moisture. Fill the pockets with the rice and vegetable mixture. Press slightly to help the rice stay in the pocket. Dip the top in the sesame seeds ad place on a platter. Serve immediately. 

Comments

Popular Posts