Soboro Donburi - Japanese Eggs and Rice
Hey again! In this post we are talking about Delicious Chicken Recipes. And I know most people are going with different cuts of chicken but as I was looking into this challenge I ran across a simple-looking Japanese recipe that utilized ground chicken, and guess what I had in my freeze? That's right, ground chicken. But also peas.
I've said it quite a few times, but I'm not sure if I've added it here, so I might be saying it again but here goes. I firmly believe that every country has busy people. So when I started looking at cultures and cuisines it seemed like it had to be an elaborate undertaking, but in reality, there are so many recipes that can fit into a busy schedule easily while not taking over your night but also making sure you don't fall into a cooking rut. Case in point, Soboro Donburi, this delicious, but simple, Japanese recipe took 20 minutes from start to finish. We were slowed down by the rice, it took the longest.
A few notes. Most of us know how to cook rice by now, I found out when I misunderstood when to add the vinegar to sushi rice one time that it is really enhanced by adding vinegar and sugar to the rice before cooking. that part is optional. However, the sugar in the eggs and chicken is not optional. It was surprising to me but the sweet and savory mix was delightful.
Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Apple Soy Glazed Chicken Legs from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Bang Bang Chicken Pasta from Blogghetti
- Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken from Hezzi-D's Recipe Box
- Autumn Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Jen Around the World
- Huli Huli Grilled Chicken from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Japanese Soboro Donburi from Pandemonium Noshery
- Leftover Chicken Soup with Sage from Art of Natural Living
- Sopa de Pollo Borracho from That Recipe