Rosemary Pesto and Steak Crostini
Merry Christmas!!! Today on Sunday Funday we are sharing recipes for our Favorite Finger foods. And at first I didn't think I had a favorite finger food, I like cheese and usually just throw out some of that. So I was invited to an event and had to bring finger food and had to come up with something. I did manage to incorporate not one, but two, different types of cheese. I wanted something that was really tasty flavors, something with some wow factor, but also simple enough flavors that they would be universally enjoyed.
A couple notes, I know this isn't a real, or traditional, pesto because there isn't any basil. I didn't want it to taste like basil, I wanted some more unique flavors. The freshness of the parsley paired with the rosemary, garlic, with the fat of the pine nuts and dairy are a divine combination. That with the goat cheese and the buttery, caramelized steak are the best possible combo. Be careful with the rosemary, it's a really strong flavor so you don't need to add as much of that herb as you do the parsley, which acts more like a neutral canvas.
Any hard cheese will work here, but aged gouda is one of my favorites and it really makes the dish. It has a really nice, lactic, flavor and is salty and just, well, perfect. It's the best cheese. You will have extra and you should just eat it as is. The olive oil isn't really dominant here, but if you want some tips on choosing a good one read this post here.
Favorite Finger Food Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Dates from That Recipe
- Baked Cheese and Jam Phyllo Cups from The Spiffy Cookie
- Champagne Truffles from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheeseburger Pie Bites from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Keto Scotch Eggs from Art of Natural Living
- Mexican Mollettes Bites from Magical Ingredients
- Mini Cheesecake Bites from Jen Around the World
- Steak Crostini with Rosemary Pesto from Pandemonium Noshery
- Thai Lime & Chili Cashews from Palatable Pastime