Gurkensalat (German Cucumber Salad)





















I've been making a variety of cucumber salads here lately and really enjoying them. So I knew I had to try and recreate my favorite ones from the German restaurant where I used to live.


 *********************


2 English cucumbers
Salt
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 c. mayo
3 - 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 - 3 Tbsp sugar, depending on your tastes
black pepper
3 green onions, sliced thin
2 Tbsp fresh dill
1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced

Slice the cucumbers fairly thin and place in a colander, salt and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse lightly and let drain again for about 5 minutes.  

Meanwhile, whisk together all the remaining ingredients and place in the fridge. This saves work for later, but primarily it lets the flavors meld really well. 

When the cucumbers are done draining mix them with the dressing. Allow them to sit at least another 15 minutes and then enjoy. 


*********************


Comments

Popular Posts