Tablet


















Every Scottish dinner needs a bit of tablet at the end, right? And so the last bits of delicious tablet got eaten with the last of the stovies. Having grown up in the south I am not unfamiliar with a the delights of sugar candy that gets a wee bit granular as it sets. And tablet did remind me a fair bit of pralines, you even have to stir them both once you remove them from the heat before they are allowed to set.

Tablet however has a lighter flavor, almost caramel or penuche like and you pour it in a pan and cut in to squares later. Traditionally it doesn't contain nuts either. Something I did add to half of mine. I found it was easier to cut the ones with nuts we I filled it so the nuts where on the bottom and I wasn't trying to cut the candy through them.


**********************

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 c. heavy cream
4 c. sugar
100 grams butter
1 tsp vanilla paste

Line a 9x13 with parchment paper or tin foil and butter lightly, then set aside. 

And the rest of the directions can be found here.






**********************

Comments

Popular Posts