Russian Vinagrette Salad


I love beets and while I would actually be pretty happy eating borscht every day I did decide to try something different. I pinned this almost a year ago and then was re-inspired to try it when a friend posted a picture of it.

I of course customized it a little. I just couldn't resist adding the crunch of fresh carrots.  

2 large beets
3 medium potatoes
2 large carrots, grated
4 green onions, sliced
1 c. thinly sliced cabbage
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
Pinch each of salt and sugar
black pepper

Fresh dill, optional

The day before making sprinkle the cabbage with a generous amount of salt and place in a glass jar. Pack down as tightly as possible and cover loosely. You don't want anything getting in there but you also don't want it sealed. Leave in a cool dark place over night. 

The night before is also a great time to cook the beets and the potatoes so they have time to cool completely. 

From there toss everything in the pan together and stir it up. Taste and see if it needs more dressing. If it does... you know what to do. Then add the dill on top.

Comments

Popular Posts