Mango Lassi


I mentioned in my excitement yesterday over my new book that it was recently my birthday. And my daughter decided, insisted actually, she buy me a blender for it. Which was incredibly touching that she  chose to spend her money on a gift for me instead of herself.

Before my birthday though I was cooking for a friend and set her mouth on fire. Which reminded me of an Indian restaurant my husband took me to when we were in college. He ordered the mango lassi, and the dairy and sugar in that helps with the heat. With that on my mind, I unwrapped a blender and the first thing I thought of was mango lassi.

Fresh mango of course is great here instead of the frozen but they aren't always in season, and then you don't have to chop them up yourself. But if you have access to good mangoes feel free to swap them out. Once I couldn't find either and used mango sorbet and it was also delicious.

2 (16 oz.) bags frozen mango chunks, thawed
2 c. plain yogurt
1/4 c. sugar (more or less to taste)
1/4 tsp. cardamom to taste 

Put all in a blender and blend until smooth. I ended up adding a little water to thin it slightly. Pour in to cups and sprinkle the top with a little cardamom to garnish.





Original Picture - Post Updated 3/19/2018

Comments

Popular Posts