Okroshka Soup



I never though I would like cold soups. Soups meant to be eaten hot are usually terrible when cold, so soup - heat = gross, to me anyway. But then I decided to suck it up for educational purposes and try gazpacho last summer. And I loved it. Then I made bibim-naengmyeon and that was amazing too. This dish? It's no less awesome. A friend brought some over the other day and it was amazing and so refreshing. I think it will be a perfect summer recipe I can't wait to make regularly. With the fresh crunchy vegetables and the keffir base it light an wonderful. 

1 c. Cooked potatoes
2 Hard boiled eggs
1/2 c. Radishes
3 - 4 Green onions
1/2 c. Cucumbers
1/4 c. chopped ham
1 c. sour cream (Or use kefir if you can find it)
2 c. water
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar
salt to taste
Chopped fresh dill

Whisk together the sour cream, water, vinegar, sugar, salt to taste, and dill. 

Chop or julienne the vegetables to whatever size or shape you want. Gently stir the chopped vegetables and chopped egg in to the sour cream mixture. Taste for salt and acidity and adjust as needed. 

Serve immediately. 


Original Picture - Post updated 3/21/2018

Comments

Popular Posts