Tortilla de Patatas



There are some recipes that catch my eye, and seem like they would be delicious and yet I put of making. This is one of those recipes. I was from Smitten Kitchen so right there I knew it would be delicious. And it had only a few ingredients, really basic ones at that. And yet they are more than the sum of their parts, because this was delicious. 

I used her notes at the top to make it rather simple. I cooked the potatoes and onions together. Drained them, added the eggs and let it sit, and then cooked it. Cooking it was not as hard as I thought it would be though mine didn't hold together as well as I would have liked. I made sure the olive oil was hot, poured it all in, and let it cook. Even flipping it wasn't that difficult, tricky maybe, but not hard. It slid right out of the pan on the to tray I used. I put the pan over the tortilla, stuffing the eggs back in under the sides and flipped it all over to finish cooking on the other side. 


The parsley took a pretty picture but the leftover sauce from the Spanish chicken was delicious on top too.


Original Pictures - Post Updated 3/12/2018




Comments

Popular Posts