Jalfrezi



As much as I enjoy cooking, not every day leaves time to create a work of art. So I like to keep a couple quick meals options on hand for those times. Spaghetti is a go-to for me,  meal that involved little more than dumping. I use a bottled sauce to make it quick. Krogers carries a line of other bottled sauces, of various ethnic origins, as well. One day while checking out their "dump it quick" section, I saw a bottle of something I hadn't heard of before called "jalfrezi". The ingredient label had mostly real ingredients, that looked tasty, so since it was dirt cheap I decided to try it. And I was fairly impressed. It wasn't the same as a good Indian restaurant but it was certainly delicious. 

I sear chicken breast on either side until browned and then add the sauce and simmer until cooked through, stirring often or the sauce sticks. It's good with rice but I like the couscous for two reasons. It's different, and variety is good. And it's a lot faster.

Too bad I forgot to take a picture of the finished dish.

Comments

Popular Posts